Do you like meeting new people? Are you a lover of local history?
Are you interested in research? Are you keen to support your local community?
If you’re over 18 and are looking for a role with opportunities to try new things - volunteering with us might be the thing for you!
We are lucky to have an amazing team of volunteers supporting us, who get involved with a whole range of projects and activities and we couldn’t do what we do without them.
Volunteers often participate in fixed-term projects attached to a particular exhibition at certain times of the year, or support family or adult events during school holidays for example, as we do not offer daily volunteering sessions.
Read about some of the projects directly from our volunteers in the profiles below via each image.
Some of the opportunities we offer:
- assist in the running of adult and family activities and events
- look into local stories and help gather initial research for exhibitions at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- rummage in the archives to help our curators catalogue and document the collection.
Past projects involving volunteers:
- a pop-up museum of over 70 objects: Objects on Demand
- a buildings research project and audio installation on the construction hoardings around St Albans Museum + Gallery: Talking Buildings
- The Pickling Project - an exhibition showcasing some of the animal and plant specimens in our collection, conserved and researched by a team of volunteers
Join our volunteering team
If you're interested in completing an online application to join as one of our volunteers, please click on the link below. Once registered, you will receive our next Volunteering Newsletter where you'll be able to see what upcoming opportunities are available and get involved in one that appeals to you by signing up via the online system.
Already a volunteer with us?
You should have received an email from us with your temporary login details in November / December 2021 - a username and password. If you have not received this or are having difficulties logging in, please email us.